Tuesday, April 23, 2013

nykeiko eats and play: Lovely Saturdays





I met my bridal make up artist for the first time early Saturday for a trial and I was so relieved when she was done. It looked totally natural which is what I wanted! Nancy works for Make Up For Ever and used all of their great HD products on me. Here I am in my make up, taking a selfie at Sephora and later on deciding to add a filter to see how I would look like photoshopped. Oh the power of makeup + filters.

My photographer is supposed to use minimal photoshop so I wanted to make sure my makeup looks as natural as possible under natural light and not see much cakey foundation or a shiny forehead. Nancy did a great job.

So I thought I would be able to hit two birds with one stone since I thought for some reason (okay, I never read anything carefully) Nancy also could also do my hair but I was le wrong. So now, I have to find a hair stylist for my big day as well. Argh. I was thinking a quickie up-do at Drybar? $80, in and out and done! No biggie!



After I got my makeup done, Dave and I met up for lunch. We met up by the Union Square green market where food sampling was all around but there was a special one from a tent hosting a book signing. Chefs were on site meticulously making samples for the hungry crowd. We had some carrot cake and a delicous beet/goat cheese salad. OMG I wanted two but didn't want to look too greedy. We also snacked at other stalls which offered artisanal sausages, handmade potato chips, cookies, pickles and more!


After lunch at Saigon market, we decided to slowly stroll down University Place until we reached Washington Square Park. It was a beautiful sunny day and there was crowds around the park. A pianist played beautifully on a grand piano he rolled in. Three tap dancers performing to a roaring crowd. A street artist using color powder to stencil the concrete floor in the park. All this was happening simultaneously and we were just enjoying the weather taking pictures as well as testing how my makeup looked in the sun taking shots with the SLR camera. I quickly forgot I had a cold.




Treated myself to a free frozen yogourt from a gift card I won while walking by the same 16 handles yogurt store a year ago. I got fat free vanilla flavored frozen yogurt topped with...ahum not so fat free stuff. See the mini Reeses and Turtles?


As we walked home on Saturday afternoon, we passed by our community garden which we haven't paid a visit since last Summer and a volunteer was there trimming weed and cutting flowers. He stopped us and waved some flowers asking us if we wanted any? We never met him before! That was my favorite part of the day. Fresh flowers given to us by a random stranger. Love it. The flowers are sitting beside Lilies Dave gifted me last week. Our apartment smells better than usual...usual meaning, bad!

Carmine's pizza


Annnnd for dinner. We had pizza! Diet? What diet? I have been bad and not losing my goal weight. But Carmine's pizzeria is only a couple blocks from home...




Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment