Sunday, April 14, 2013

In pictures: Elie Tahari and Tucker by Gaby Basora sample sales

I had to be at work again this weekend for a couple of hours but if I was going to get out of the apartment on a Saturday to commute to work, I made sure it was worth it somehow. So I decided to stop by the Elie Tahari sample sale in midtown near Grand Central. I kind of knew I wouldn't be able to find anything I would like but it doesn't hurt to look and my sister likes the brand so I was hoping to find some cheapo stuff for her. I took pics of the pieces I thought were nice.

The prices were okay. The cheapest were belts for $9, leather wallets for $29 (limited selection) and tops ranging between $19-29. Everything was well-organized at the sale into the different categories and sizes too. There are also fitting rooms that are well managed in the back of the sale. There were tons of shoes, bags and accessories to be had. A small men's section in the back as well with shirts and suits. For those sad about Fashion Night Out ending, there's a rack with tons of tees from the previous 3 years at $19 (orig. $29).

I left the sale empty handed but there were a few items I was interested in picking up for my sister but decided I could find better stuff elsewhere! Quality wise of the tops were meh...Better stuff in the dress department which I barely looked at because the prices were so-so for what it was. 

After I left work, I took the subway all the way downtown to check out the last day of Tucker by Gaby Basora's sample sale in Soho. There was additional markdowns which lured me since I read the original sale prices weren't so cheap. I picked up two bright silk yellow tops just in time for Spring/Summer! They were $30 but originally priced at $155+ each. 

Click for pictures...

ELIE TAHARI sample sale 






Tons of shoes!








The measley $29 wallet selection
FNO tees. You may never see these ever again! $19 
These were cool!

luxe top/ blouse $59

$29

Lots of leather jackets

$29 lace top


Sequin top $29


TUCKER BY GABY BASORA sample sale


Tucker by Gaby Basora silk tops

Gorgeous pattern and fabrics




Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!


No comments:

Post a Comment