Monday, June 11, 2012

Karl Lagerfeld's 'The Little Black Jacket' exhibition at 18 Wooster StNY


The Little Black Jacket by Karl Lagerfeld

The Little Black Jacket exhibition is currently running from June 8-15 at 18 Wooster art gallery in NY. Visit the website for more dates and location of the exhibit and behind the scene footages. So far, it has been in Tokyo and next stop is in..Taipei! So if I were still living in Taiwan, I would have been able to see the exhibition too!

The Little Black Jacket exhibition

Upon stepping into the gallery, you were "greeted" with a handful of security agents and for just a brief moment, I thought Karl or some celebrity was actually present.

The exhibit showcased all the photographs that will be found in Karl's 'The Little Black Jacket' book coming out some time in August. All the photographs of celebrities wearing a classic Chanel black jacket were taken by Karl Lagerfeld himself.



I noticed many people had posters in hand and thought there was a gift shop somewhere but to my surprise, they were giving away free posters! There were three different full size posters to pick from featuring Vanessa Paradis, Dakota Fanning and Sarah Jessica Parker. You can pick your favorite one or take one of each!

Free posters!
Milla Jovovich

Sofia Coppola

Sarah Jessica Parker

Vanessa Paradis

Georgia May Ayeesha Jagger
Some photographs took up an entire wall from floor to ceiling. Here is one:
You don't need to see her face to know who this is: Anna Wintour

www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

6 comments:

  1. Great blog! I also enjoyed the exhibit -- for some additional photos and features, check out:
    http://www.rockshic.com/my-blog/2012/06/80-the-little-black-jacket-by-chanel.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the great work Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

    jackets suppliers
    men fashion leather jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David for your comment and I appreciate the support! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi keiko !
    I wear the same thing every day. I always pack two black celebrity jackets, loads of black T-shirts, loads of white jeans. I feel a little fresh and glamorous and graphic. nice post dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely follow you on facebook to get updates about your post, well the black leather jacket is my first choice, i dont easily like other colors when i am looking for a new jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love leather jacket! I definitely need to update my outerwear for fall.

    movie star leather jacket

    ReplyDelete