Wednesday, April 17, 2013

In pictures: Vivienne Tam sample sale [April 2013 Sample Sale NYC]

This red silk gown was $150

Hi!
I didn't think I would be attending or covering this sale.

Right before going to bed last night, I set my alarm for 7 a.m. so that I could make it to the sale by 8 a.m. (an hour before sale starts). When Dave asked me which sale I was attending, I said Vivienne Westwood. And he's like..that's good! For bridal stuff? Then I thought about what I read on RackedNY's dealfeed and did not remember seeing something about bridal. So I check it again and saw that it was a Vivienne Tam sale! D'oh. Well, I was determined to attend a sale before going to work in the morning but I changed my alarm for 7:30 a.m. so that I could be there by 8:30 since I had a feeling it wasn't going to be crazy.

Anyway...
I got to the sale at around 8:44 a.m. since the subways were delayed and there was two girls in line chatting away. Workers began showing up minutes before the sale started and I knew they were already over staffed. At 9:07 a.m., the doors were still shut so I knocked. They had forgotten to let us know we could go in! What the heck...

When you enter, to your left there was a room filled with racks of samples at very low prices (see picture). Swimwear were $10! The samples were alright and typical Vivienne Tam-style oriental prints, mixed textures and floral appliques. You could find just about anything on the racks...top, shorts, long and short dress in all sorts of colors and sizes. They were true samples with no sizing and some didn't even have labels. A second room held the collections and ready to wear and better selections. The prices was higher of course. I tried on this super flowy silk red gown and the sales lady were friendly and helpful with letting me trying it on. There are NO fitting rooms but plenty of mirrors!

You have accessories starting at just $10. Various tees were $20. Shoes were $50 and your second pair would be 50% off. Dresses were $100-150. Flowy silk tops and short dresses were $70-90 and up in price depending on the design. Lots of cute shorts and skirts available starting at $40. The sample sale is worth a look if you're a fan of Vivienne Tam's hobbo/whimsical designs. I didn't see anything from the current Spring collection :)

I took some pictures of things I liked at the sale!







Sample price list $10-$40





All sample dresses are $40!



The other room finds...





This creamy silk top is $90


Isn't floral print super popular now for Spring?

$120 top


$40 shorts




accessories. I did not see any of that cotton scarf for $10

Shoes are all $50. Second pair you buy will be 50% off. 

Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment