Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I got bored so I DIY'ed [DIY matchbox]



Ever since I saw this huge matchbox at a gas station in the middle of no where during our recent Maine roadtrip, I had been thinking of getting one and I don't know why. Maybe because it had a kind of a simplistic old America vintagey design and would look nice on top of my old vintagey chest drawer box. I didn't get it that time because I didn't need them since we collected tons of matches already to use for my candles. But now we have a BBQ and long matches would be useful to have. Then I got inspired by this project and I decided that I wanted to do it too. When I found a matchbox (on sale duh!), I got it but then decided instead of buying color cardboards and glue and rulers which I didn't have, I opted to do something easier but may or may not look just as nice. All I needed was bamboo fiber yarn (it can be any yarn you have) which I had and glue was the only thing I bought. After 15 minutes, I was able to hide the non-sartorial matchbox which now sits on our bookshelf with other matches we've gathered from different restaurants.

If I had more time in my hand, I would be more majorly dedicated to my yearning for doing some arts and crafts but I just don't have the patience anymore to sit still for more than 30 minutes. Although, for those 15 minutes making this, I felt relaxed and happy. A task so easy but kept me focused and off my emails for 15 minutes (kind of).

Cheers to DIY!


line with glue and apply yarn

keep going


ta-da! One side done. Now wait for it to dry and do the other side..


it's so easy it's embarrassing 


Follow moi!
www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

No comments:

Post a Comment