Monday, June 25, 2012

nykeiko wears: Color blocking dress and steak night at Strip House inNew York!

Isn't it cool when you can find new trends in your old clothes?

Dress: Kookai , Shoes: Nine West
I look so tired and sleepy here
I bought this one piece dress from European brand Kookai in Taiwan about two years ago.  This past Spring/Summer, bright colors and color blocking is in trend so this dress came out of the closet to breath some fresh air.  What I like about this piece is that it looks like it's a chic two piece outfit (shirt and skirt) but it only takes a minute to slip it on over my head like a t-shirt and it looks so smart! You can now shop Kookai in the US via ASOS here! There are no US stores I believe.

I wore it out with my new Nine West slingbacks for a Friday night date to a trendy resto called Strip House NY. There was an hour wait even at 9 p.m. at the main restaurant on a Friday night but the Strip House grill right next door had seatings right away. They served the same menu and from the same kitchen so why not! You just miss out on the ambience but it was actually quite dark down there and filled with men with no dates. I saw one woman there and she ate alone at the bar!

A dozen raw littlenecks to start!

The sides are a hit. The Wild Mushrooms are simply delicious and complement the meal so well.

The room was so dark we could not tell that the plate was served with roasted garlics which must be eaten with your steak!

The chocolate cake was highly recommended but this meal was more than we could handle.
I still prefer the filet mignon from Porterhouse or Peter Lugers but the Rib N Eye steak D ordered was delicious. Medium rare is the way to go!

Some Yelp tip recommended the Betty Blue Eye cocktail drink but I didn't think it was that great. Also, there was suppose to be a complimentary carpacho shot to start but they forgot that AND our bread too. They also charged us more for my drink. I was not happy D tipped 18% after all that.

Wild mushrooms are a must. Truffle Spinach is popular but so heavy!
Delicious Rib N Eye
Strip House's 12 oz Medium rare filet mignon

No comments:

Post a Comment