Sunday, June 3, 2012

How to treat a Montreal St Viateur bagel right

Smoked salmon, cream cheese on a Montreal bagel! I had this after yoga, what a treat!

Whenever my sister rolls into town, she'll bring us some St Viateur bagels. Now, I won't start a debate on whether Montreal or New York bagels taste better because it's been done before. Google it. It all comes down to personal preference and I prefer Montreal bagels and there's no doubt about it! I have tried NY's famous HH bagels. One of the founder's granddaughter who volunteered at the lab last summer brought us two dozen bagels with multiple flavors of cream cheese for us to try. It was good but I did not love it.

D enjoys savoring the taste of a St Viateur bagel and eats them plain while I like to decorate mine with some garnishing to make every bite even more delicious. Usually at home, I'll prepare it with an egg since it's the most simple thing to do. My favorite way to eat a bagel is smeared with regular cream cheese and topped with smoked salmon, red onions and capers. That's 3 ingredients out of 4 we don't usually have at home. While I enjoyed my delicious smoked salmon bagel sandwich at home, Dave still ate his bagel plain but only had some cream cheese so it wouldn't go to waste as it was expiring. Sighs.


Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment