Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Demain: My picks from Isabel Marant pour H&M

I have not been excited about a collaboration for quite some time now. The last one, Phillip Lim x Target was lust-worthy but I wasn't ready to log onto the internet or exit my apartment to jump in line to shop. I had a feeling I would be disappointed with the pieces if I saw them in person. In the past, I returned all my Jason Wu x Target collab pieces except for the lace clutch and I sold my Prabal Gurung x Target heels after I received them. I also looked at the remaining pieces left from the Lanvin and Margiela & H&M collabs and didn't like what I saw and felt. The quality is so poor (I should not be surprised neither). However, something is different about Isabel Marant's collab with H&M. Perhaps because of the promotion tactics via bloggers (because I'm addicted, Fashion toast's instagram, Song of Style) ? The Coveteur? Preview launch parties with lots of pictures? It tingled my interest but I'll just have to see in person.

I'm a fan of Isabel Marant's chic, urban, hip, cool, easy and maybe Parisian look (She got it all?). Some pieces from the collab are too funky for me but some can be really good for mixing and matching. I liked a couple of things from the Isabel Marant X H&M lookbook so if you care about my top picks (pieces I see myself wearing vs pieces that look good on the models), here they are! Stuff ain't cheap...

Update: I got the black lace dress and white lace top!



Because it is getting cold... ($299)

It's wool and classy ($149)

Looks so cozy



I love lace ...($129)


This lace top will pair well with...($99)
this jacquard skirt... ($79.95)
and tie up the look with these shoes. ($199)
Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment