Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Packing light? Me? Maybe!

Everlane snap backpack
If you ask my loved ones, packing light has never been my forté. Two months ago, on our honeymoon, I overpacked and our luggage was already overweight before we even left the door...which we only found out when we checked in.

I was at a conference for 5 days and 4 nights in DC. With the recent acquisition of a large backpack from Everlane, I wanted to test out how much it could hold. My goal was to pack as light as possible with exception of my laptop.

I had my outfits planned out which helped since I usually just stuff everything and hoped for the best. To pack light, I opted for two silk shirts and one black pant suit (I'm glad there was an ironing board in my hotel room or else stuffing silk shirts into a bag would not have been a good idea). I wore my jeans and tee for the traveling days. No extra pair of shoes and only one extra tank top.

This is everything I brought minus umbrella, a light waterproof windproof jacket and shoes I wore and a bunch of documents which were stuffed in my purse.


Taking a closer to at some of my stuff I packed.
Click for more pictures....





Skincare:
Josie Maran moisturizer, infinity oil and eye cream duo.
Mario Badescu rose water face spray
Nars Skin moisturizer
Simple body lotion
Clarins lip calm
Rosebud Salve balm
Nivea cream

While taking these pictures before packing up to go home, I didn't realize I left my Clarins cleansing milk in the bathroom...Oops :(

Essential makeup

Beauty:
Naked eye palette
Smashbox lipgloss
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and concealer
Nars The Multiples (G-spot)
Bobbi brown Long wear gel eyeliner
Shu Umuera brow pencil (I rarely use this)
Kevyn Aucoin mascara
Chanel lipstick



Shirts:
Everlane
BLK DNM


Bottoms:
Alexander Wang pants
Elizabeth and James jeans
Hugo Boss belt


Tees and PJs:
Uniqlo, C&C California, Aritzia


And my favorite go-to cardigan from Ernest Sewn. 
I remember paying over $100 (or $200..can't remember) for this piece which was a lot for me at the time back in grad school. I told myself that it would be an investment piece and it sure was! Still looking good almost ten years later!
This is contrary to other things I've justified to be in an investment but never wear....*guilty*

So, I end up surprising my husband, colleagues and most people at the conference who dragged their luggages. I was happy to travel light for once and not worry about what to wear. I guess there was one business lunch and poster presentation where I would have liked to wear my heels but it didn't matter because I was comfier in flats.


Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment