Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Montreal weekend January 2011 : Friends and Food!

Purpose of my trip was to see this year's MCCCA show and..to eat good old comfort foods!!

We left NY at about 10 a.m. and got to Montreal a bit past 4 p.m. It could have probably took us less than 6 hours but we made a couple of stops including Saratoga Spring Lake and saw people ice fishing. Totoro was there too.



First thing I did when I got to Mel's home was to say hello to the cats and then of course, Mel and Pat. We got a quick bite at Pret a Manger and then me and Dave head on to Hall building to catch MCCCA's Chinese New Year show! I was having such a good time and it was so nice to see old faces..and new ones too! The dancers are better this year and it shows that everyone's a little more dedicated too. I also know that I didn't miss the vocal soloist at all ;p

My favs were:

Hanyue's choreagraphy: Ta Ge. Everyone was in sync with a sweet smile, I have a feeling HY had something to do with this.



Xiang's duo with Baobao which I was excited to see since I only saw it on Youtube before.


Did someone say super power moves? Super Sao dance by Xiang and co.



And ME being part of the show...as a "volunteer"




After show BBT and noodles


Sunday was food day for me. Thank god Jimmy drives!..I had pad thai, Second Cup caramel coretto, poutine, bagels, banh mi..um my own NY cupcakes...and then dinner at Jane Resto.

After less than 40 hours in Montreal, we left Monday morning but not before getting more food...ketchup chips, big salad from Foumagerie, a bowl of pho from Pho Lien before hitting the road.

I didn't get to see everyone this trip but I'll be back! I loved every minute of my stay in Montreal...except when I got rashie from the kitties. grrr but worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment