Sunday, February 20, 2011

Citipond ice skating in Bryant Park

Citipond is a winter wonderland for Manhattan dwellers. An ice skating rink in smack middle of the city? Stupendous except it comes with crowdiness (is that a word?). There are two other rinks in the city including Central Park and Rockefeller Center.

There is no admission fee and renting a pair of ice skate is $13/pair. Of course you are welcome to bring your own skates (highly recommended) as the ones they provide are so uncomfortable...truly the only reason why I couldn't do my triple axles.

I had found a deal through my trusty Daily Candy newsletter and purchased a $30 VIP package which includes: fast pass (skips the long lineup!), two pairs of ice skate, two hot chocolates and locker rental. A value of $60.

Skating smoothly on ice. It helps that I am raised in Canada :)


Not so smooth on ice...but didn't fall on butt neither.


Zamboni time.

No comments:

Post a Comment