Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kevyn Aucoin. The volume mascara..testing

I received this in the mail today. I heart Amazon. Anyway..



While watching this video on youtube where I was supposed to laugh at this girl's head shaking technique while putting on mascara, I became very much interested in the brand of mascara she was using. Her eyelashes actually looked fuller..either from the brand of mascara or her head shaking technique. Or both.

Watch here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InWmjtEbmBM

I wanted to try this for myself. The mascara I mean, not really the technique. Heck, she and I have the same small eyes and non-existent lashes. She didn't say the name of the brand eloquently but I managed to find it online. She used a mascara from Kevyn Aucoin. It is one of those waterproof/smudge proof mascara that you can easily take off with warm water. One of my makeup staple since smudgy mascara panda eyes are my forte.

I had previously tried a couple of brands of these "tubing" mascaras and although convenient to wash off, they never gave my lashes much volume nor length, just a natural black coat to pass the work day with. This one was suppose to be better than them all. I use the Clinique one now. Lash Power Mascara. The Clinique one is $14.50 which I got for a little less at the Duty Free while traveling.

I wanted to try this one for sure...At $25 a tube, that's pretty steep. However, I had $20 Amazon gift card which I paid $10 for and so I really end up paying $15 anyway for the mascara.

Will I love it? Will try to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I am using those tube mascaras still, a definite loyal to that technology. I'm currently using Opera, it's an affordable Japanese brand that although still can't do the Lancome/Dior/Benefit super glamour look, is really versatile for day time. For night I usually mix it with another more dramatic brand or apply 5 coats and it does the trick. However I can only find it in Beijing's 7-Eleven! Let me know how you like this one.

    ReplyDelete