Monday, February 23, 2015

nykeiko plays: NYFW Backstage at Badgley and Mishka

You'll often see Bill Cunningham lurking around the tents during NYFW ..and please, don't ask him for pictures. He will say no!
I did not take time off for New York Fashion Week last week. I only had plans to attend one show after I came back from our trip to Montreal so I thought I could slip in and out of work without anyone noticing. Well, while I was in Montreal, two more invitations came in for Badgley Mishka and Jenny Packham and I had to make choices. I contemplated taking another day off but with lots of work waiting for me, I could not do so. My solution was to get to work a lot earlier than usual and leave late or until I finished everything. No harm done I think! What I did have to give up was attending project runway alumni Michael Costello's show at the Lincoln Center which was too late in the afternoon for me to go. I happily offered my invitation to a friend who did the smart thing and took a day off to attend. 

The Badgley Mishka show was good but I expected more pizzazz although all the dresses were pizzazzes (that's a lot of zzss) on their own. All the glitter and glamour. See the looks here and let me know what you think. I'm a sucker for shiny things (always) but nothing stood out for me except for this totally wearable red plaid overcoat. I was not quite able to capture the shots I wanted from my non-front row seats but I did manage to go backstage and snap pictures of the post-show frenzy. I even had a chance to sneak a picture with the designers, Mark Badgley and James Mishka. They were calm and collected, answering questions with grace and taking pictures with celebrities.





Runway shoes shoes shoes




The looks of Badgley Mishka AW15 collection

I was excited to see Sports Illustrated model Chrissy Teigen at the show but she left too quickly for me to ask for a fan selfie. Another Sports Illustrated model Kate Bock was also present. Both were seated in the front row. I would have taken better pictures of them if it wasn't for these stylish hats in front of my face. They should make people take off their hats during the shows no?

Lurking around the backstage hallways trying to find my way back into the tents, I saw Victoria Secret model Karlie Kloss and actress Kelly Rutherford (xoxo Gossip Girl). Both escaping too fast for me to take a picture. 





After Badgley Mishka, I had some time to write some work emails (I brought my laptop!) and headed to Industria Studio for the Jenny Packham show. I posted pictures from the show last week here

No comments:

Post a Comment