Tuesday, February 17, 2015

nykeiko plays: Jenny Packham AW 2015 [Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week NYFW Autumn Winter 2015]



Jenny Packham AW 2015 
Clad in Louboutins, models in dazzling Jenny Packham gowns strut down the runway at Industria Superstudio. Here are the non-blurry pictures I took from the show! I had to peel off from my seat and park myself beside the professional photographers to get these pictures or else it would just be a bunch of blurry pictures with tops of people's heads hiding half of the models.

This was my first Jenny Packham fashion show and I was kind of expecting something else. I discovered the designer through her flowy bridal gowns and to be honest, I did not know she designed Ready-to-wear stuff. I am also not quite sure why I was expecting a bridal show at a Autumn/Winter runway show anyway. I am such an amateur, I know.

The show began with earth-toned colors beginning with some navy blue hues, peacock feathers, followed by fire-y orange, some metallics and emerald green. It felt like the designer was inspired by an African safari trip but her inspiration came from a museum in Madrid. Many of looks after that had some type of embroidery with sequins and lots of sparkles. I'm a sucker for sheer dresses and embroidery.

My favorite look was this poppy red and paprika orange dress reminiscent of a beautiful sunset.











Jenny Packham AW 2015- The Final Look

Jenny Packham AW 2015


Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment