Thursday, November 6, 2014

nykeiko shops: The Alexander Wang for H&M collab [What went down and my haul]


Alexander Wang for H&M keychain
This morning, I got up at around 5:40 a.m. to leave the door by 6 a.m. With a bit of jetlag left in me, daylight saving and urgency to pee, 5:40 a.m. was not as bad as I thought it would be. Dave does not support my shopping but he came out with me. Not to wait in line though. He insisted on coming out with me so that I would be safe leaving the door in the dark (aw!). It also makes him look really good showing up at work so early in the morning :) I got to H&M (on 86th street) at around 6:40 a.m. and was ready to report for Racked. Here's my line blog bit. The wait compared to last year's Isabel Marant wait, was a piece of cake (actually, last year I actually got a piece of cake!) The rain had today was tolerable. Windy freezing temperature is not. A little before 8 a.m., they started letting the first three groups of 30 inside the store. I was in the third group which is the 8:45-9:00 a.m. time slot. The next 45 minutes was enjoyable. Chatting up with new line friends about what they were going to buy and if the Wang outfit on Rihanna was hot or not.

Since I was there reporting, I might as well shop which is what I did. I finished shopping a bit before 9 a.m., tried on some of the clothes I snatched up like; the strappy yellow sports top (small around the torso, loose where my fake boobs are not present) and the strappy fitted dress (couldn't even pull it pass by hip). I left those behind and checked out with the boxing gloves keychain ($12.95), a water bottle ($12.95) maybe for someone's holiday gift?; a sports bra medium support ($39.95) for a friend in Montreal (She was in line early in the morning too for launch in Montreal but there's only one H&M in the whole city that stocked the collection and hundreds of people already lined up. I offered to pick up her top item because the chance of me getting it was higher.) and the gray cropped scuba sweater ($59.95) that looked ridiculous on me but since it's a highly-coveted item, I snatched it up. It's better to grab it then to regret later. So in all, I basically got nothing worthy! I didn't even miss work for this and actually got to work before most of my coworkers. Win!


More pics after the jump...


Goggles, boxing gloves, duffel bags a plenty..







Thanks for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment