Tuesday, July 1, 2014

That time I painted something...




I finally sat down and got some painting done. I haven't picked up a paint brush in ages ( I'm thinking like circa grade school era.) nor have I painted with acrylics and gel pastes and mediums before. I was really excited to try this. I bought everything separately and months apart without knowing what I would really do with them. Random paint brushes were purchased last year at a yard sale (can't go wrong with $1 for a handful of brushes). Then, I purchased a couple of cotton canvases a few month ago because they were on sale and Dave said he wanted to paint with me too.  I bought the gel mediums+molding pastes on Amazon last month and finally got the acrylic colors when I decided on the colors.

On my instagram, I official christened the piece as "I don't know what the f*ck I am doing" because moments before I blotted the first color on, I had no clue what I was going to paint. I was simply testing out the Golden mediums and paste  I got. I tested about four out of the six in the trial kit (soft gel, regular gel, extra heavy gel and light molding paste). I liked the regular gel and light molding paste best as they were easier to work with and gave me the textures I wanted (or what I thought I wanted).

Going to my first Frieze art fair in May may have something to do with my sudden urge to finally paint something and oh yea, the lack of art pieces in our new apartment also made me want to create something of my own to put up on our empty walls.

Anyway, I have a bigger canvas I am excited to paint on now that I got a better feel for painting!




Thanks for stopping by xx

No comments:

Post a Comment