Wednesday, July 2, 2014

nykeiko eats: Brunch at The Butcher's Daughter [Nolita, LES, NYC]


A girlfriend visiting the city is always a good excuse for me try something new and check things off my to-eat list.  The Butcher's Daughter is a juice bar and café which also serves all three meals a day + weekend brunch, that has been on my list for quite some time. In its rustic but contemporary atmosphere which attracts the hip and healthy eaters of New York, it is the perfect place to catch up with old friends. So I brought my friend Xiang (She is new to blogging and looks very promising: Stylegy) who I knew would enjoy this place as much as I would for some brunching action (For example, the presence of fresh mint leaves in our bottle of water made both of us very excited!). The last time I saw her was almost a year ago at my wedding and preoccupied with being a bride, we had no time for deep chit chatting.

We ordered the drip coffee to start. It was a bit too bitter for our taste but since I was going through a weekend coffee withdrawal, I managed to chug down my cup of Joe despite the bitterness. We stirred in (constantly) some homemade almond milk which made it better. Not really knowing what to pick from their 100% vegetarian menu, Xiang asked our waiter what his favorite dishes were. We picked two out of his three top picks and got ourselves the 'Full English Breakfast' and 'Smashed Avocado Toast Benedict' to share. Everything was of course fresh and delicious. Afterwards, we stopped by the Butcher's Daughter cute little market which was adjacent to the restaurant and took tons of pictures.

It is noteworthy that the Butcher's Daughter menu changes with the seasons. They also advertise new monthly seasonal vegetables and fruits which they incorporate into their juices and food. This insures that the freshest and best ingredients are served daily. For the month of July, it is sweet corn and watermelon! Both very yummy on their own already!

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping around Nolita/Soho but with both of us having secondary plans in the evening, we sadly had to part one another too quick, too soon.

Looking forward to your next visit Xiang!


More pics after the jump...

















No comments:

Post a Comment