Tuesday, August 19, 2014

nykeiko shops: A tinsy peek inside the Céline outlet store [Woodbury Common Premium Outlets]



We made a short trip to Woodbury Common outlets on our way back from Poughkeepsie this past Saturday (We visited the Walkway over the Hudson bridge.) Dave's mom needed to find a dress for an upcoming wedding and we were just happy to tag along (me happier than Dave to be exact). Even if we were there for a couple of hours, Dave's mom came out empty handed. Dave and I purchased 4 pairs of Smartwool socks at 50% off for our upcoming backpacking trip. The discount on these socks were more exciting to me than any other sales at the outlet. It is no doubt due to all the sample sales that I have access to which has made me indifferent to these outlet "deals". However, I know that there are some brands that do not host public sample sales- like Céline which only hosts private sales- so knowing there was a Céline outlet store picked my curiosity.

Céline is the first store I popped into, curious to see what was offered. I would have taken more pictures if the sales rep didn't stop me. She did offer to email me pictures of the items I wanted but I politely declined. I was hoping to take a peek at the price tags on some handbags. The trio and luggage handbags were not available but I did spot a few decent trapeze bags and red chain flap bags lying around. There were also many colorblock leathers pieces, totes, some shoes (heels and boots), sunglasses and clothing to shop. Still too pricy for me but a good deal for the fans!

Spring 2013 furry Céline shoes are $2850 from $4750. I wonder how many of these were ever sold at retail price?
Céline coin purse is $318.50, was $455.

Clutch is $364 from $520.

No comments:

Post a Comment