Wednesday, June 11, 2014

There's an app for that...[HouseTab]





This is a "public awareness" post. There is now an app out there that lets you buy drinks/food to your friends, dates or even a hot stranger with a click/swipe of a button on your phone. It's called HouseTabIt can be like Tinder but you can get your prospective date drunk first before meeting them. No, no, that's a bad idea. And if you think it's a good idea then it didn't come from me.

I tend to be on time, well most of the time- subways can be unreliable at times-or rarely cancel last minute. But if someone is uber late for no good reason (I hate that!) then buying me a drink while I wait would probably make me more pleasant to be around when they eventually show up! If more people I knew or more of my fave venues signed up with HouseTab then this app could be a lot more interesting. Linking this with Facebook or Foursquare would be a good start...




In fact, a friend I invited to the app's launch party last night was stuck at work and did not let me know until later that she couldn't make it. Now, if she had the HouseTab app, she could have...well, maybe not this time since gratis drinks and appetizers were circulating all night.


This post is totally not sponsored but I did get a mini bottle of Prosecco! Oh and I got to eat these fried pickles at the event which I ate one too many of...







No comments:

Post a Comment