Wednesday, February 26, 2014

nykeiko shops: @Shinola Flagship store in Tribeca [NYC]

New linen-bound Shinola journals. One for me, one for a friend. Perfect gift!
I am the type of person who prefers to write things down instead of typing it (well, depends on the size of the task). That is why I always carry my pocket size notebook from Leutchtturm1917 around and have been doing so for the past year and a half.

I jot down my appointments, events, drawings, lists (I love making lists!) and my ideas! If I lost my journal, I would be devastated. One bad thing about my journal is that it is white. Well, was white. After living in my purse/bag for over a year, my book has pretty much become off-white (pretty much disgusting). Oh, and the spillage of a thermos full of green tea in my purse with my journal in it catalyzed the degradation of my pristine white journal. I still kept it though. "The stains gives my journal character"-I thought.

Last week, a Racked editor posted about this linen-bound journal from Shinola which caught my eye! This will definitely be my next journal. Just a couple dollars more than the one I have but this one is made in Michigan, had more pages and the paper is sourced from sustainable forests. It was a no-brainer.

To save on shipping fees, I decided I would check out one of their stockists in NY and Steven Alan was one of them. We were wandering around Nolita last weekend and I dropped in a Steven Alan store on Elizabeth Street. They didn't carry the line but the salesperson told me that maybe their store in Tribeca would. I don't know why I didn't just call to ask but I am glad I didn't because then I got to visit their awesome Tribeca store. They didn't carry it neither but to my delight, they mentioned that there was a Shinola store just half a block away! Oooohhh...and grabbed Dave's hands and merrily hopped over. As we entered, we walked pass a small make-shift coffee shop and straight into a bright open space adorned with bikes, watches, backpacks, journals, leather accessories, men's clothing and all types of artisanal knick knacks. My eyes brightened and jaws dropped when I walked in. It was just an amazing space buzzing with customers.

Shinola Flagship store


Since we were in a little time crunch. I went straight for the journals and when the staff told me about their complimentary custom monogramming service, I obviously went for it. I got two journals monogrammed. One for me and one for Laurie as I am now her personal notebook supplier :)
Monogramming in progress



Thanks for stopping by! x





No comments:

Post a Comment