Friday, October 19, 2012

Watcha doing this weekend? [what to do in NY]

On Saturday morning, I will be checking out the leftovers at the Jil Sander sample sale in Soho. A colleague was suppose to go with me since she's a fan of the German designer but decided not to go because she didn't want to spend any money! I admire her self control which is definitely something I do not have! I'm hoping to score on some knits for the Winter.

In the evening, I'm going to see Il Trovatore at the Metropolitain Opera. This will be my second time seeing an Opera at the Met and instead of $35 bad-for-the-neck side balcony seats, my friend got us $25 tickets for Orchestra seats!! which I'm obviously excited about! I'll make an effort to dress up a little too for the occasion.



On Sunday, hopefully D and I will wake up early enough to see 'Fireflies on Water' at the Whitney Museum before going to Jersey for some more weekend hiking adventures. Hopefully the Fall foliage colors will be at their peak! Also, D bought a new pair of hiking shoes since his last pair were deceptive and he's going to give them a test run.

Image via Whitney

I'll also be shopping online for more gears for our trip. I think I'm half way done with gear shopping. So far, I've purchased almost $500 in apparel including boots, jacket, fleece, socks and I'm not done yet! Everything to keep my bum warm down there.

www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko


No comments:

Post a Comment