Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekends snapshots: Concert, Dancing, Museums, Shopping! [what to do in NYC]



Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty sweet. I wanted to relax but I did everything but.

On Friday night, I was at the Twin Shadow concert and it was lots of fun! Click here. I need to go out to see indie bands more often in these small venues. They seem more intimate which makes it more interesting than a bigger venue!

On Saturday, we were in the lower east side for some congee (again!) on Bowery Street and since we were in the area, I decided to check out the Erica Weiner sample sale in Nolita. There was nothing worthwhile for me there.

We then hopped on the 6 and went to the Whitney museum to check out the Yayoi Kusama exhibition which was ending this past weekend. We got there a little late and all the tickets for 'Fireflies on Water' were sold out but it's okay because it is extended until October 28th so we can try again on another day! After the museum, we went to grab a bite at Le Pain Quotidien (again!), then went to do some grocery shopping for dinner. We came home and D napped for 3 hours since he knew we were going to be out late. We had dinner before we headed back out at 11 p.m. (11 pm is crazy for us but we deny that we are too old for this!). We met up with Lamso and her friends at Volstead lounge for some what I thought would be drinking but end up being a lot of dancing. Everyone was pretty much drunk already when we got there but it is expected when you're celebrating 4 guys' birthday! I had a lot of fun dancing and I do miss it. Singing along to Britney Spears and dancing to Calvin Harris' 'Feel So Close' were definitely my highlights of the night!


On Sunday, we had dim sum with D's family and as D went to check out an exhibition at the New Museum, I shopped some stores on Rivington St. and Spring Street. I discovered this precious little jewelry store on Spring St. called Tendenza Fa and can't stop thinking of their delicate diamond pavee rings and gold earring studs. They have a small celeb following including Gisele and Debra Messing.

Afterwards, D went to work out (told you he was dedicated) and I checked three stores in Soho including Madewell, Scoop and Aritzia. I purchased this red cardigan I had my eyes on at Madewell. It was already on sale for $49.99 but there was an additional 25% off sale items so I was very pleased and feel a little bit more ready for Fall.

I left Soho before D was done with gym but then I realized when I was almost home that he had our apartment keys. So I did what was best and went to Blue Stove to try one of their authentic homemade pies and boy was it worth forgetting my keys for! The apple pie that I had came fresh out of the oven and it was warm and delicious. When I met up with D, he carried a crème brûlée from Dean and Deluca in his hands because he didn't know I had already satisfied my sugar craving! So sweet :)

xx


At the Erica Weiner sample sale-Erica herself was in the store!

Erica let me take a picture of her...behind :P

My attempt at street style photog

Entrance of the Whitney for Kusama exhibition

Mixed berries tart at you guess it... Le Pain Quotidien!

Belgian open top toast 

At 2 a.m.

Epic seafood noodle meal for lunch after dim sum!

On Spring Street





I don't dig Tory Burch but I was diggin' this floral pattern. 

Puppy

Blue Stove's Apple pie


Some of my pics were already on instagram! Follow me!

www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

No comments:

Post a Comment