Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stormy Sandy heading our way...be safe and dry everyone!

Okay, so this is the second time a hurricane has threatened the livehoods of New Yorkers over the past three years I have been living here! And unlike last year's Hurricane Irene, this one looks serious. It's been nicknamed Frankenstorm?! Subways, trains, bridges and most businesses have closed which means, no work for me on Monday and possibly Tuesday! I can't get to work even if I wanted to! This is a delight for me because all I want to do is relax. I find that D and I have jam packed weekends lately and instead of taking advantage of some down time after a work week, we plan all these activities to keep us busy. This past Saturday was no exception and I was thankful for being able to sleep in this morning. We have a guest over tonight and so we spent the morning cleaning our apartment a little to make it somewhat presentable. I shed all year round like a dog changing coats and there's always hair all over our apartment.
We also passed by the grocery store to pick up some food just in case we do get stuck at home longer than expected during the hurricane...

The boys are prepared for the storm with some whiskey in da house...



xxx


www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

No comments:

Post a Comment