Monday, February 13, 2012

My first NY Fashion Week runway show for Sachika's Fall/Winter '12 collection!

Of course a NY dream of mine is to see a real runway show with top designer labels during New York Fashion Week at the Lincoln Center however, I know that tickets are hard to come by unless you know the right peeps in the business (or sneak in!)... Maybe one day, maybe!

Taken from http://www.allfashionny.com/

So I was very excited and happy when To-Nya, designer and founder of Sachika whose partner is her twin sister To-Tam (they are identical twins!), invited me to their F/W '12 NYFW Style 360 fashion show hosted by Elle Magazine on Valentine's Day (Sorry Dave!) at the Metropolitan Pavilion. I did not hesitate to RSVP!

The Sachika twins NYFW 2010

I want to support these girls whom I worked with at a sushi restaurant back in Montreal wayyy back in 2003. It has been a long road for them to success but they did it! They have designed for or styled celebs in the likes of Nicki Minaj, Kat De Luna, Miss USA Alyssa Campanella, Patti Stanger, Coco and more. It is super exciting for me to see them during a very hectic but exciting time I'm sure! I believe it is their 3rd NYFW show and got the hang of it by now. I was a tad sad I could not attend their show at last year's SS NYFW  because seats were filled so I'm happy I get to go this year :)



Miss USA Alyssa Campanella in Sachika who will be walking the runway at the show

Kat De Luna at Sachika's Fall 2011 show

Nicki Minaj in Sachika

Patti Stanger in Sachika


I remember reading about and seeing pictures of their very first NYFW show for Spring/Summer 2011 back in 2010 where some celebrities walked the runway including reality TV show housewives, singers and models. However, one particular dress on a curvaceous woman put both Sachika and her on the media radar. Ice T's wife Coco, walked down the runway wearing this number and made some major headlines during fashion week. You can see Kelly Osbourne dressed up as Coco for Halloween in the Sachika dress on her E! Fashion Police show. They have recently expanded to L.A. and obviously want to eventually "conquer the world" with their brand. They also model, sing and act on the side!

Since I have moved to NY almost two years ago I have only had the chance to hang out with these busy sisters twice which is not enough...

To-Nya and I at Sachika's Geisha party at Greenhouse NYC

Hanging at Ed Bennett's townhouse

Playing this ONE song I barely remember on the piano

I must mention that this would not be my first time seeing a show during NYFW.  Last Fall, my friend J got us a RSVP  for a show for a past 'Project Runway' contestant designer Logan Neitzel for his SS '12 collection. It was not at all what I expected. The venue was small, there was no runway and the collection was small. I was slightly disappointed because it was not a real runway show like I had initially though however, the free booze open bar post-collection viewing totally made up for it! It was a fun experience!

Logan Neitzel SS12 collection

 Now the question is, what am I going to wear??

No comments:

Post a Comment