Tuesday, April 1, 2014

nykeiko eats: Dunch (that's lunch/dinner)-Ethiopian gourmet at Zoma [Harlem eats]

When Dave said he would take me to try Ethiopian food, I did not know what to expect. It was not until the platter was served that I realized that the meal was going to be consumed entirely with my hands. It should have been a big hint when I noticed there was no cutlery on the tables. Doy! I went back to the bathroom to wash my hands extra clean just to make sure I don't ingest dirt accumulated from the day.

It was weird for me for the first 10 minutes as I kept thinking about picking up a fork or spoon that was not there before every bite. I had to constantly fight my brain off and think it was perfectly okay to eat with my hands and that my mom will not suddenly appear out of nowhere and slap my hands for eating with them. Next time though, I'll make sure I cut my nails short because the sauces stuck underneath my nails pretty good.

We tried Zoma in Harlem which has many good reviews. We got two meat platters (beef and the lamb) which came with two veggie side dishes of our choice. It was pretty decent and spicy!



Dave has tried ethiopian food several times before and kept telling me about his indian coworkers who "hand-feed" every day. He says that they also sometimes use their entire hand to scoop up food. The whole time he's talking, I had this elf in my mind:


Thanks for stopping by! xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi I do not see a way of contacting you on your blog, I wanted to invite you to an event. Could you email me at alimackin@gmail.com

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete