Sunday, May 13, 2012

Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations at the Metropolitain Museum of Art in NY


McQueen vs Prada
There is obviously no competition between the two exhibitions as they are certainly incomparable but I definitely know which exhibition I preferred...ahum Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty. If you have a shoe fetish than you should go to the Schiaparelli+ Prada because Prada shoes are gorgeee-ous.

I didn't really understand what the exhibition was trying to evoke and maybe nothing at all as like I said, it is not to be compared with last year's Savage Beauty. I just like what's pretty and chic. I would recommend one to read about the exhibition a little more beyond what is on the Met website prior to going to the exhibition so you can fully understand what the curators have envisioned and appreciate it a little more. Here's a nice article from the New York times giving a little background about Schiaparelli and Prada and their work.

If for any reason this post has been removed or taken down, it's probably because these pictures were taken ninja-style as pictures were not permitted. It did not stop me neither at last year at Savage Beauty , twice!



Sequin shoes



Schiarapelli head ornaments and Prada shoes





Shoe ornament sold at the Met store

I thought these shoes were a museum shop gimmick but they do exist as they were in the exhibition.


The shoes are from Spring/Summer 2012 collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment