Wednesday, March 4, 2015

nykeiko shops: Diptyque Sample Sale 2015 [March 2015 NYC Sample Sale]



Another year, another crazy Diptyque sample sale. See my review on Racked NY where I got to attend the friends and family portion of the sale. Even though it was a day early, there was a lot of 'friends and family' and all the good standard candles were sold out within the first hour. I got lucky with the Baies candles only because people had to give them up due to the 15-item limit per person.

This year, my haul is a lot smaller than previous years. For one, I am still using candles from last year's sale. Believe it or not, the only thing for me in the bunch is the Rosa Mundi candle and the Eau Rose body lotion which is a new product from last year. The rest is not for me. A colleague asked about my Do Son body lotion so I got one for him (to give to his wife aww) at half the retail price.
Even though it is a sample sale, $35 for candles is still not cheap. However, people still go crazy for this sale. The wait this morning was 2 to 4 hour long depending on when you got there. Saving ~40% on candles that never go on sale makes this sale one of the most successful sample sales in New York city.


One for me, one for friend. One of the two Do Son body lotions I saw at the sale. $28 each.

A "defective" Diptyque candle. Don't care. Still smells like roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment