Monday, January 26, 2015

nykeiko plays: Boozing and painting [Painting Lounge-Manhattan]

Rene Magritte "The Son of Man" a la Totoro
A couple of friends (two couples), me and Dave attended a painting class at the Painting Lounge in Manhattan last summer. We had such a good time, we went ahead and bought another coupon but the motivation has since dissipated and we have until end of March to book a class. Anyway, I never showed you guys what we drew.

At first, I was a bit skeptical about attending a painting class with BYOB involved. I was concerned that I would just be wasting my money on a mediocre painting and not really learn anything. But then I was like wait, I like painting and I like boozing, why am I doubting? When Gilt offered a 2 hour class for $25 (plus a 25% off promo), we all jumped on it to give it a try. The question is if we would actually pay full price for these classes (between $50-$65)? Not sure about that but I'll definitely recommend it to people looking for group activity ideas. There's always last minute class promos going on so you can look out for those.

For our first painting class, we did "The Son of Man" by René Magritte. I knew Dave would follow the class stroke by stroke and I didn't want duplicate paintings at home so, I strayed away and drew Totoro instead of an apple. The apple was the part people spent most time on so I got off easy. The 2.5 hour went by really fast and most people thought they needed more time. This class would not be good for perfectionists...

Life is colofrul
Painting the sky first
Dave's painting the sky with fury
People spent a lot of time on the apple but since I was drawing Totoro, it was easy peasy!


Everyone's final product! Yay!


Thanks for stopping by! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment