Thursday, April 24, 2014

My #TBT = #ThrowbackTravels #5: Our trip to Torres Del Paine on the REI pamphlet!


This TBT isn't too far back. We went to Chile (see post here) back in 2012 and it was our first backpacking trip ever together. We reminisce about this trip all the time and often look back at the thousands of pictures we took. When we saw one of our favorite picture from the trip all over the most recent REI mail newsletter, we squealed! Ok, I squealed- Dave played it cool but I know he was excited too. We shop at REI all the time for all our travel/hiking needs! I already spent my dividend wisely. Dave and I both borrowed a backpack when we traveled to South America not knowing if we should invest in a backpack at the time since we didn't know if we would love or hate backpacking. But, we both caught the bug and decided to splurge on our own backpacks and now possibility of amazing future hiking trips are floating around in my mind...Alaska, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Austria, South of France...all of the planet's most beautiful places.

No comments:

Post a Comment