Friday, August 23, 2013

Yes, I still sample sale shop but where are my posts? [Alexander WangNY sample sale August 2013]

photo of the A. Wang sample sale line taken by me via 
As you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been posting much about sample sales here on my blog. The reason is that I have been covering sample sales for RackedNY and cannot repost on my own blog.

The latest sample sale I attended was the "epic" Alexander Wang sale. On Tuesday morning, when the sale opened to the public, I woke up at wee hours of the morning so I could cover the line situation and then report on the sale once I got inside. Many of my friends knew I'd be going to the sale and promptly asked if I got anything. To their dismay, I did not! The prices were not so great for the garments and the utter chaos to get to the bags (which was the better deals) totally discouraged me. How many more girls will end up wearing the same bag around town I thought and why is the Rocco (heaviest bag ever) oh so popular?

I actually found a T by Alexander Wang dress at the sale I scooped up at a Scoop sale back in January for $84, it was only $60 (reduced some more to $50) at the sale. So some deals are to be had but not super deals. This reminds me, I did not get the chance to wear that dress yet. Uh-oh. I hope Dave doesn't read this :)

Update: I eventually bought something.

Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment