Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What are my plans for NY Fashion Night Out Sept 6th 2012 ?! [FNO / what to do in NY]

I have no idea how I will be able to cover the Hermès sample sale and Fashion Night Out since they are happening on the same day but one is at wee hours in the a.m. and the other is way pass my weekday curfew (I am old!). I think it's going to have to be an either or situation because I just don't have the energy/fashionista stamina in me to do both...do I?? [Update: Turns out the sale is a BUST! Phewwww!]

FNO 2010 at Bergdorf Goodman

This was me at FNO in 2010 where I spent the whole time at Bergdorf Goodman. I didn't make it out to FNO last year due to being turned off by crowds but this year, I'll make it epic. I was thinking of just doing ONE event but I went through the event listings and couldn't help myself. I will try to hit several stores and hope to get lots of freebies or limited edition shizz! I may have a partner during all of this too! But if I'm going to go all crazy, being alone might be the best thing for catching everything in one night...Fudge, do I also have to plan an outfit too? nahhh

Here are some events I'm thinking of attending for the moment which I picked from Refinery29 and official FNO website's list of events. You can go to FNO's website and create a list of your events with maps and to print it out so you can use it as your guide. I need to plan this out since they are in 3 different districts across NY and I will not be cabbing it (heard of the taxi drought during Fashion week AND fare hikes starting today on September 4th?).




UES

[Correction for this event! It is bags available for pre-release SALE and is not free. 100 bags is available amongst select Bottega Veneta stores worldwide!]
Bottega Veneta

Where: Bottega Veneta, 699 Fifth Avenue (between 54th and 55th streets); 212-371-6511
Time: 6 to 10 p.m.
Why: You’ll want to arrive early to this FNO event—the first 100 to walk in will receive a handbag. In addition to this dream-worthy gift, Bottega Veneta will be unveiling a special project, photographed by the 2012 New Exposure photography winner, An Le.

DKNY
Where: Donna Karan655 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10065 (between 60 and 61st)  212-861-1001.
Time: 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. 
Why: Join hosts Patrick McMullan and Miss Piggy for DKNY Loves FDNY, a celebration of the new 2013 FDNY Calendar of Heroes calendar. Calendar proceeds benefit the FDNY Foundation. Enjoy bubbles, beer and fall fashion with an exclusive DJ set by Chrissie Miller.

SOHO

Missoni
Where: Missoni, 426 West Broadway (between Spring and Prince streets); 212-431-6500
Time: 6 to 10 p.m.
Why: For one night only, M Missoni will be selling stylish headphones, available in four different colors. At just $25, they’re an affordable slice of the luxe brand, and are only available at FNO. 

3.1 Phillip Lim & Refinery29
Where: 3.1 Phillip Lim, 115 Mercer Street (between Spring and Prince streets); 212-334-1160.
When: 6 to 9 p.m. 
Why: Not only will attendees get a signed copy of “Kill the Night,” the comic book inspired by Phillip Lim’s fall collection, but they’ll also get to party with our New York Editor, Annie Georgia Greenberg and Senior Editor, Kristian Laliberte, who are both hosting the event. Ummm...big also...Lim's accessories will be 15% off — the first time the brand's ever put any of their accessories on sale! 

Paige Denim
Where: Paige Denim, 71 Mercer Street (between Broome and Spring streets); 212-625-0800.
Time: 6 to 11 p.m. 
Why: Leandra Medine (A.K.A. The Man Repeller) will be at Paige Denim until 7 p.m. to reveal a storefront widow display showcasing three spankin’ new styles by Paige Denim. After the big reveal, the blogger will be available to help you pick the perfect pair of jeans for fall. 

MEATPACKING

Alexander McQueen
Where: Alex McQueen, 417 West 14th Street (between 9th and 10th avenues); 212-645-1797.
When: 6 to 9:30 p.m. 
Why: In honor of FNO, Alexander McQueen is offering up a brand new accessory, the wrap scarf bracelet. The fresh style is available in three colors and will premiere at the store’s FNO party. This event is a must for all you who take pleasure out of saying “Saw it last week.” 

Diane von Furstenberg
Where: DVF Meatpacking, 874 Washington Street (between 13th and 14th streets); 646-486-4800.
When: 6 to 11 p.m. 
Why: This event boasts three hosts, all of whom you’ll be dying to meet. Allison Williams (Marnie onGirls), Vogue Senior Market Editor Meredith Melling Burke, and, last but clearly not least, Diane von Furstenberg. If that’s not enough to entice you, Solange Knowles will be the DJ, and MAC will be providing complimentary makeovers. 

Follow moi!


www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

2 comments:

  1. So jealous, you seriously need to take me with you one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought hard about it but I won't be able to do the sale and FNO in a day...tired thinking about that! I wish I had more days off..hehe

      Delete