Saturday, August 25, 2012

Early bird gets the worms [Bird Warehouse Sample Sale 2012]

Early bird gets the worm! I certainly was not early but wished I was..

I thought the Bird warehouse sale started on Saturday and not on Friday so that was my mistake. I got there an hour after opening (I could have been earlier if I didn't go to the wrong Brooklyn store in the first place which was on Smith St.) and was surprised AND disappointed everything was almost gone. I actually didn't realize I was not there on day 1 of the sale until I got home. It is a three day sale (runs through tomorrow August 26th) and on day two, most smaller sizes were cleared out. I saw a lot of sole pieces left and they were mostly M or L size. The prices were really amazing though.


The first thing I went to was the jeans rack and grabbed the last pair of size 27 jeans. The rest were mostly sizes 30 and 31.

Buttery Repetto flats


I saw cute Repetto shoes in size 36 for only $59 (they are regularly $250+). I wished I could squeeze into a 36 but alas. There were only two pairs of 7s left in the shoe department.

Large PS1 at $1380
BUT, I was surprised to see this bag. If I had $1380, then I could have at least get my hands on a delicious large taupe/mocha PS1 bag sitting pretty on a shelf. So tempting right? A PS1 on sale. Maybe people are saving up for the Proenza Schouler sample sale coming up next week.

Current Elliots
I couldn't believe I saw some Current Elliot's popular 'White Star' jeans at $89 (reg. $215) but only two pairs left in sizes 30-31 left! Other than that, I have nothing else to report. Most of the jewelry at the store can be found on their online sale.

I imagined warehouse sales to be loaded with more goodies than this...there was no stock replenishment whatsoever. Oh well. I got a pair of Citizen for Humanity jeans which made my day. I can now throw out these bootcut jeans that has a growing gap in the crotch area.



Plenty of these shoes left at $19. I like the patterns!




www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko


No comments:

Post a Comment