Tuesday, August 27, 2013

nykeiko wears: My two new Alexander Wang pieces



I was in Soho this past weekend running errands (waxing!, returning a GoPro head strap at REI, getting cheap flip flops at Old Navy for our vacay, checking out sales at Scoop...) and since I was just a couple of blocks away from the Alexander Wang sample sale, I decided to pass by to see what final day markdowns were offered. There was actually a line to get in and lots of shoppers inside although nothing like day 1.

The stock had already been depleted big time since markdowns began mid-week but on the last day, almost everything was marked down. Large bags were almost all gone except the strappy beige Ingrids which was $150 instead of $400 (retail $825). Shoes which were marked down to $75 were down to one style left per size.

I went straight for the ready-to-wear. It was pretty difficult to pull a style I liked from the leftovers on the racks. Since the stock plummeted, everyone is kind of trying on the same things so you can decide what you like by seeing what is being tried on. It was then that I saw this girl try on these tapered black pants (Dave calls them Aladdin pants) that I decided I wanted them too. Luckily, she tried them and didn't want them because I couldn't find a similar one on the racks. I grabbed them. They were $60 and I really liked them. They were originally $150 at beginning of the sale and probably retailed at $400-500+. I also wanted a soft T by Alexander Wang bra which were now $15 (were on sale for $35). Oh yea, and that damn T by Alexander Wang dress I got from Scoop was now $50 which bugged me a bit because i paid more for it haha. The only thing that didn't have any reduction seem to be the small clutches which were still going for $250 and didn't have too many takers.

Follow me...
Instagram: @nykeiko
and yes, Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment