Thursday, January 26, 2012

Zha Jiang Mian noodles à la Keiko

When you have nothing in your fridge and you’re hungry, you improvise.

I bought a $1.99 cucumber for dinner and I was lucky I had a box of tofu in the fridge to work with and made this… Zha Jiang mian à la Keiko. I like to add "à la Keiko" because that’s when I improvise on a recipe and it can only be re-created once..taste wise anyways.


There are no real quantities or anything but that’s okay and is what makes it fun! The sauce goes really well with rice too! mmmm

This is what you will need:
-For the Noodles: With the cooked noodles blend in some olive oil (not very AZN), Sa Cha sauce (Find in Chinatown), scallions, Guilin hot sauce (recipe from my sister).
Add some freshly chopped cucumber to garnish and offset the salty flavor from the sauce.

-For the sauce: Use porc (or tofu like I did), on a pan simmer in with bean sauce, onions, scallions, garlic, water, sesame oil, sugar and oyster sauce. Add anything else you’d like: shitake mushrooms, cucumber, carrots…Of course using meat will enhance ze flavor.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment