Sunday, September 5, 2010

The buzz on Eataly

What happens when three great Italian-american restaurateur, Mario Batali, Joe Bastianich, Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, of which I know nothing about, teams up to create a super super Italian supermarket with lots of imported food and goodies?

They create Eataly!

What attracted me? EAT! Italy! Double win!

See map and you would want to take a tour yourself as well! I want to go back again because I feel like I didn't see everything...maybe because I wasn't ready to cook anything.









It was crowded, pushy and unorganized probably because the supermarket was highly anticipated by New Yorkers and opening day was only on Tuesday. I got my Lavazza latte and that was good enough.



We did not want to wait 1.5h to eat pasta.
Prosciutto!


It is still marvelous to know that this is a place we can go to for inspiration for our own Italianesque creations. I saw vast selections of fresh produce including meat, dairy, seafood as well as Italian wines, olive oil, gourmet pasta, spread and sauces..everything seemed luxurious...Everything you will need to make a complete Italian meal at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment