Friday, May 9, 2014

In Pictures: Frieze Art Fair New York May 8th 2014



Frieze Art Fair is a four-day event happening this weekend on Randall's island in New York City. I had the chance to preview the fair for CitizenMag (see my post here) along with VIP peeps, and so I am excited to share some of the pictures I took with you! It was my first time going to Frieze and loved it! Some pieces were a yawner but some were definitely conversation starters; it basically felt like strolling through a contemporary art museum except here, you can purchase the art if you have a few thousands of dollars to spare. I don't have money to spare so I was just happy poking around looking at million dollar art pieces.

Food was available for purchase and there was no plain cafeteria food served here. The fair partnered with a few of the best eateries in town including Blue Bottle Coffee, Court Street Grocers, Marlow & Sons, Mission Cantina, Momofuku Milk Bar, The Fat Radish and Roberta's! What a crazy line-up of deliciousness right?! 

Here are just some of the few pieces I enjoyed...

Yayoi Kusama
Nick Cave
Anish Kapoor (green disc)
Takeshi Murakami
Farhad Moshiri
Not Louboutins. By Hans Peter Feldman.
Airplane window reflecting Ed Ruscha's Earth at Sunset piece
Nikolas Gambaroff
Kintsugi
Sadamasa Motonaga
Ivan Navarro
Liu Wei
Liu Wei
Yinka Shonibare


Haegue Yang
Artist: Will Ryman
Olafur Eliasson
Tomas Saraceno


Bertha Fischer

Andreas Mühe






Gim Hong Sok
Chapman brothers
Rirkrit Tiravanija
Jack Pierson
The last piece we saw at the fair was inside a room with a strobe light which gave this silver ball a molten lava effect that cannot be seen in a picture...well, the picture is cool anyway so I'll show it. What I did do is post a short video of it on my instagram.

Takeshi Murata
Thank you for dropping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment