Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2013 is one "very quick" week's time away! Yay! Lucky number 13!

Luo Yang Longmen grottoes, China, UNESCO site, March 2012 - nykeiko.com

We're quickly approaching 2013 as all of you know already! This year, I have been generally in the happy blissful zone and avoided any type of drama..kinda. It has been mostly ups and little downs. In fact, nothing to complain about really. I was having difficulty jotting down my thoughts and reflection of this past year so I will make a list instead. Did you notice how much I love making lists?!

Here are my 2012 highlights in blogging reviews :) Oof what a fun year it was!

New York City highlights:
-My first real NY Fashion week runway fashion shows - Sachika Fall/Winter 2012 and Zhang Toi Spring 2013
-My 4th of July where I fainted on a boat
-Restaurant Week (Mercer Kitchen and Park Avenue Summer)
-Sartorialist and Garance Dore book signing
-My second Fashion Night Out event
-The Lowline

Travels:
-Taiwan (I did not realize I didn't post anything about my trip to Taiwan in March except for this video discovering a delicious fun dessert!)
-China (Cities visited: Zhen Zhou, Kai Feng, Song Shan, Luo Yang, Ling Bao, San Men Xia, Xi An). Picture above taken in Luo Yang). Didn't realize I didn't post anything about China neither!
-Boston and Maine (lobsters!)
-Montreal (twice!) for two weddings!
-Chile and Argentina (updates coming soooon)

Foodism highlights:
-Bostons' Fore Street
-Montreal's Club Chasse et Peche
-My first real Philly cheesesteak
-First annual Googa Mooga eating event
-Momofuku Ssam bar
-Molecular gastronomy WD~50
-Delicious authentic Thai cuisine at Pok Pok NY

Outdoorsy activities:
-Camping in Little Pond Catskills
-Breakneck Ridge
-Watchung Reservation, NJ
-Bear Mountains and Appalachian trail

The arts:
-Visiting the The Cloisters
-Met Opera Il Travatore and Don Giovanni
-Broadway show 'Evita'
-Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations at the Metropolitain Museum of Art
-The Little Black Jacket - Chanel
-Afropunk festival
-Twin Shadow at Music Hall of Williamsburg
-Open House New York City
-Yayoi Kusama 'Fireflies on Water' at the Whitney Museum
-Ann Hamilton 'The Event of a Thread' exhibit

Sample sales:
-Diptyque
-Comptoir des Cotonnier
-A.P.C. and All Saints
-Diane Von Furstenberg
-Rag and Bone
-Bird Warehouse sale
-Kiki de Montparnasse
-Proenza Schouler
-The Row
-Hugo Boss
-David Yurman
-Yves Saint Laurent
-Marchesa
-Vera Wang
-Elizabeth and James

ONE of the craziest thing I did in 2012. A picture is worth a thousand words. Axes. Thrown. Around me.



and of course...my engagement to the most compassionate, loyal, funny, loving, trusting partner I could ever ask for.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! *bell sounds*

Follow me...or not!
www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

No comments:

Post a Comment