Friday, March 2, 2012

My Diptyque sample sale shopping haul...not too interesting!

[Update: My 2013 haul here!]

My phone which also serves as my alarm clock died overnight because I didn't close the apps and my phone was half charged before going to bed therefore, my alarm did not go off and I woke up an hour past the beginning of the Diptyque sale. That's how the day started. I was contemplating going because I was late for work and also knew that all the good stuff were probably already picked through. So I quickly scan RackedNY blog and lineblogging mentioned a long wait and line. I still wanted to go and take my chance of showing up with low stock. My mind was set that the crowd will be gone soon because of the rain and there will be plenty of stock left so I should definitely go. All I wanted was ONE candle! I arrive almost two hours past start of the sale and saw a line outside. Dread.

Diptyque sample sale

When i entered the little sale space and at a glance, I knew the good stuff were taken ....empty space were candles were stacked high were empty and only two scent of candles no one wanted were left along with holiday candles which were the Spruce and vanilla plum fig whatever. Those were overstocked (on multiple tables) so plenty to pick from. But I'm happy that Baies and the other good stuff weren't there or else I would regret not coming earlier (stupid battery draining smart phones)..what was I thinking anyway, those were best sellers and would probably never end up at samples sale right? Right?!


They lied. They did do some restocking but only of the holiday candles from what I saw. What ran out were the mini coffrets which I got my hand on of the last two on the table (yay or else it would have been a disapointing morning), the body lotions were all gone and a couple of the colognes. There were plenty of perfume, body gels, roll on perfumes etc. all at more than 50% off.


Many people had box full of stuff...mini candles were $14 so this guy bought probably 20 of them on top of pretty much everything else that was at the sale.
This lady had a large box full..so did other people (ebay sellers?)

This was my box. Disappointing I know. I added Spruce candle right before checking out because I thought I MUST get at least one standard size candle while here!


There were actual men there. Running errands for their wives/gf or genuinely Diptyque loving fans?



My haul:
The mini gift coffret was $42 at the sale originally $88.

I wanted Feu de Bois but I really like the Pomander. These are holiday winter scents.

I am not sure why I got this.  I can carry this around and use it in case I smell bad. $24 (retail $48)

Last minute purchase because I wasn't going to walk out without a large candle

I love it!
Apparently the sale closed due to the large amount of crowd that were drawn to the sale so they shut down the rest of the afternoon and will re-open tomorrow. Can you believe how many people love Diptyque? Are they all like me? Never bought Diptyque before but still crazy enough to stand in line in the rain and cold for the sale?

{update, on the last day, i got me 2 for $30 candles}

Follow me!
www.facebook.com/nykeiko
Tweet @nykeiko_com
Instagram: nykeiko

No comments:

Post a Comment