Thursday, July 19, 2012

nykeiko eats: New York Restaurant Week 2012- Jul 16-Aug 10! Prepare your mouthsss..




In Montreal, 'Restaurant week' consist of now 7 participating restaurants..I think that's 2 more since it was first established. It is also the same restaurants each year. It is called 'Happening Gourmand' and I think Montrealers are craving for more.

When I arrived to New York, I wasn't excited to hear about Restaurant week until I saw the LIST. The list of hundreds of participating restaurants and I freaked! It does make picking a lot harder but at least there are more than 7 choices!

Here's the current list of participating restaurants for Restaurant week now through August 10th. Click!

Impressed?? I was and now I'm just like meh..This is what I have to live with :P AND it is held TWICE a year!

I actually only tried a couple of restaurants during restaurant week in previous years (e.g. Fig and Olive and Kittichai) and the problem is, I always want something OFF-menu and that's how my experience of budgeted eating ends. Oh well. At least the purpose of getting our butts through the door worked.

I have of course, compiled a list of restaurants I'd like to try. I'm not familiar with many of the restaurants but I've picked the ones that "sound" good. Does that make sense?

You can help me knock some off the list if you know it's not worth it!
I've starred the ones I've been interested in trying without Resto week.

-Aquavit (Scandinavian)
-Ben and Jack's steakhouse on 5th (Steakhouse)
-Fig & Olive (I tried this last resto week and the truffle mushroom soup is memorable)
-*Hill Country Barbecue Market (Barbecue/Southern)
-Lyon (French, and I always like French and I'd like to visit Lyon one day)
-Marble lane (American New). I've passed by this place and it's fancy fancy.
-Marseille (French. Again, I like French and I'd like to visit Marseille one day).
-Maze by Gordon Ramsay (French). Famous chef right?
-*Mercer kitchen (Soho). This place used to be bangin', maybe it's still worth a visit.
-Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. Is this affiliated with the basketball superstar of all-time?
-Morimoto/NY (Japanese). For those who would like to try this place once or second time.
-Nobu (Japanese). I heard this place is overrated and don't really want to try it.
-*Nougatine at Jean Georges! (French).
-*Park Avenue Summer (American New). This one was highly recommended by my coworkers.
-Porter House NY. I like the steak there!
-*Red Rooster Harlem (American New). Marcus Samuelsson's comfort food.
-Ruth's Chris Steak house. I saw this in Taipei before.
-*Spice Market (Asian fusion). Always on tourist's to-eat list.
-Tao (Asian Fusion). This place was mentioned on 'Sex And the city' ..so passé.
-Todd English Food Hall (Continental).
-*Vic and Anthony's Steakhouse (Steakhouse).

Did I miss anything?
Probably.
Any suggestions?


xx

Follow me:
@nykeiko_com
Like me on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment